Saturday 6 December 2014

Advent: 6 December

I love Saturday and today was no different... A lovely family day!

Jesse Tree Activity

We caught up with last night's story this morning before heading out to another 3rd birthday party (it's the season for 3rd birthday parties at the moment!). Our story was Isaac and Rebekah getting married; we knew that God made a similar promise to Isaac as to Abraham (more descendants than stars in sky) and thought it was more descendants than sand on beach, but it was the other way round! Should check our facts before planning our stories and activities! Anyway, we did the labels for Abraham and Isaac and hung them on the Jesse Tree. And I tried to get Zoƫ to do a picture of a beach but she wasn't interested in craft today.

24 Books

Today the result of the lucky dip was my favourite, The Snowman! We've read it, listened to it and watched it today...


Lolly Sticks

Our activity today was (a carefully chosen) 'Look at Christmas lights'. As it was a Saturday I'd suggested that we visited Waddesdon Manor for the Christmas Market and the artistic lights 'Winter Light at Waddesdon' by Bruce Munro. Now, I have to admit that I'm not hugely into my art and I did find some of the exhibits less than interesting! But the Christmas trees around the outside of the house were stunning (photo doesn't really do it justice).


Jesse Tree Story

After a long day the children were too tired for stories again and went straight to bed after dinner. I'll try and catch up with the story of Jacob tomorrow morning before church and then read Moses in the evening. I'm learning that flexibility is key with toddlers as some evenings are just not conducive to story times!

Mummy Time

Mummy Time was Family Time today as we visited the Christmas Market at Waddesdon Manor. It was very cold, but I had my own personal hot water bottle all afternoon!
Since getting home I've done some ironing (to warm up) and am now curled up with a blanket watching The Reichenbach Fall (I love a bit of Sherlock!) I've just enjoyed my first bar of chocolate since May! I had to give up eating dairy as Caleb is intolerant and I was breastfeeding, but as I've now had to give up due to heart medication I need to start taking, I'm able to start re-eating dairy. The reality of a Cadbury Wispa Caramel bar is as good as my memory!


No comments:

Post a Comment