Friday 5 December 2014

Advent: 5 December

I finally got round to cooking my Maple-Mustard Pulled Pork today having forgotten to put it in the oven early enough for the last two days!! It has been lovely smelling the rich aroma all day; it's a shame I can't share the smell with you!

Jesse Tree Activity

God told Abraham he would have as many descendents as stars in the sky, so today's activity was based around stars. I had a few ideas depending on how Zoë was after her toddler group; she was happy and calm so we made salt dough stars. We added a little bit of cinnamon to make them smell Christmassy. Ok, Zoë added quite a lot of cinnamon, but as the Best Before Date was in 2008 it wasn't actually that strong! I really need to go through my herbs and spices and check the other Best Before Dates...


24 Books

We had a new book today. I'd found an immaculate copy of Dear Santa at a recent NCT sale; following the same pattern as Dear Zoo. It was lovely watching Zoë 'read' it to herself. I'm trying to encourage her to read books herself and am showing her how she can look at the pictures to follow the storyline.


Lolly Sticks

Today's activity was "Craft and listen to Christmas music" - how do I do it?! We had Mr Buble blasting out while we were making our stars.
We also did some Christmas dancing (yesterday's activity), well Zoë did while I put clothes away.


Jesse Tree Story

We didn't manage to fit our story in tonight as both Zoë and Caleb were tired and crying, and Steve was out at church youth group. We'll catch up tomorrow, as well as doing the label for Abraham and Isaac stories.

Mummy Time

I've managed to spend some time today getting all our clothes put away; we've had piles of clean clothes waiting. And I've changed our sheets - I love clean sheets! Can't wait to go to bed now!
I was optimistic at 6.15pm that both children were asleep, but in reality it didn't happen til 7.30pm! My kitchen is tidied and I'm now watching On Her Majesty's Secret Service while writing this and about to start my Christmas cards,

A bonus photo of my cheeky little man!


No comments:

Post a Comment