Sunday 4 January 2015

Advent: Christmas Eve

Grandma and Grandpa arrived today - Zoë spend a good amount of the morning standing at the back door waiting for them to drive the 3 hours from my sister's house! I managed to convince her to leave her post to do some activities but she quickly returned to wait...


Jesse Tree Activity

I had planned to make some cotton wool sheep but Zoë wasn't interested in doing anything really this morning, plus we needed to finish our handprints...

24 Books

I have photographic evidence of our Christmas Eve books! Caleb opened a Peter Rabbit book:


And Zoë opened the last Mr Men and Little Miss book which she enjoyed reading with Daddy.

Lolly Sticks

Today's activity was finishing off the handprints. I painted the basic hand shape from the impression they'd made and then Zoë decorated with red and gold sparkle paint. Unfortunately I forgot to put holes in them so I'm not sure how we'll hang them on the tree... I'm sure the grandparents won't mind!




Jesse Tree Story

Tonight's story was one that is often missed in the Christmas narrative. Anna and Simeon are two people who met Jesus when he was 8 days old and was presented at the temple. They had been waiting to meet him for many years.

Mummy Time

One of the highlights of my Christmastime is the Christmas Eve carol service, and this year was no different! Great to sing some carols with gusto!

No comments:

Post a Comment