Tuesday 22 November 2016

Tuesday Mornings

Tuesday mornings are now 'me time'. Once Zoë is at school I take Caleb to his new preschool and then I have 3 hours to do what I want and need. Over the past few months I have been learning how important it is to look after myself as well as my family, and I have been inspired by this quote:
"Taking care of myself doesn't mean 'me first' it means 'me, too.'" L.R. Knost, Two Thousand Kisses A Day 
Some mornings I have gone out and done some shopping (so much easier without a 2.5 year old helper who has recently been potty trained and wants to investigate everything we see); next week I am off to the gym to see if there is anything I can use with my heart condition (eek!). 

Today I am curled up on the sofa with my hot orange squash, blanket, Christmas music and books; I need to have a look at the huge pile of books I want to read and plan what to read and when! So, onto my pile of books... I will always have multiple books on the go as I read different books at different times! But my Tuesday mornings are special times where I get to read for a longer chunk of time without interruption...

I am currently reading two books that would qualify for my Tuesday morning reading slot: Hands Free Mama by Rachel Stafford and Ordinary Mum, Extraordinary Mission by Anna France-Williams and Joy French. But I need to read one, finish it and then move onto the next one... so I have decided to focus on Hands Free Mama which I started first. This is such a challenging book but I am excited to get back to it. (See my previous blog on #becshandsfreejourney) When I have finished it I will get back to Ordinary Mum, Extraordinary Mission.

Right, I'm off to read... See you later!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In case you're interested the other books in the pile which are returning to the bookcase are:

  • The one true story by Tim Chester - daily readings for advent from Genesis to Jesus
  • Having a Martha home the Mary way by Sarah Mae - 31 day plan to get a new vision for your home
  • Life Management for Busy Women by Elizabeth George - looking at making the most of time and living to God's plan
  • A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George - practical, scriptural insights on pursuing God's priorities in my life
  • Everyday Talk by John A. Younts - ideas for talking freely and naturally about God with your children
  • The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman - looking at how different people show and receive love

No comments:

Post a Comment