Tuesday 2 April 2013

Genesis 1:28-31 - This is my Father's world


We stand not under God's world, as inferior to it, nor over God's world, as indifferent to it, but in God's world as representatives of Him.
Imagine a world with nobody in charge, such as in Lord of the Flies or even in a classroom after a teacher leaves the room... It's absolute chaos with some people trying to assume power; others being trampled over. There is no order.

God tells mankind - Adam, and then us, to rule over the beasts of the earth, the fish and the birds of the air. Because mankind is made in the image of God, the rule that we have been given is to reflect the way God rules. God rules with love and compassion, and care for all he has created (Job 38-39). I, therefore, need to reflect God in the world around me - with concern for people, animals and creation. God saw that everything was good, so I need to see the world with the same pride and love.

On one of ZoĆ«'s DVD there is a song entitled This is my Father's world which reminds me of the creator God and his creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment